A Pandemic and the Private Charter
We sure hope this post finds you and your loved ones healthy and safe!
As we move forward into the winter months, I feel it a good time to share with you what we are doing here at Sea Spirit Ocean Safari. As we pivot our business model into more of a specialty niche of ocean ash burials https://seaspiritmemorial.com/ we have decided to continue offering our private ocean excursions as time allows. It is fair to say that the day of individual ticket sales are a distant memory and at this time, I don’t see them on the horizon. Never say Never is not only a good 80’s spy flick but also perhaps a good mantra for 2020. Flexing with the tides and the pandemics is what I always say.
With the California Department of Public Health’s new system for measuring the current state of COVID-19 along with the “Blueprint for a Safer Economy” we will continue to offer private excursions aboard the Sea Spirit. These private charters allow individuals in their comfort pods to experience the magic and beauty of our marine sanctuary without the worry of mass crowds or people unfamiliar to them and their families.
The parameters are as follows:
- You may bring as many people you feel comfortable with up to 15 passengers.
- Typical screening protocol is in place along with amplified sterilization of the vessel.
- Trips include a Captain and Naturalist.
- These trips can be anytime of day to suit your needs and desires.
- Trips are always weather dependent and can be rescheduled easily if weather is unfavorable.
- Employees of Sea Spirit will be masked at all times.
- Passengers are required to mask up while checking in, boarding and disembarking off the vessel.
- While charter is underway, individuals may remove their masks when not near the crew.
- Complete cost is $1,050.00*
As always, we ask anyone who has felt ill, had a fever in the last 24 hours, who has traveled outside the US in the last 2 weeks, or has been diagnosed or known anyone diagnosed with COVID-19 to please stay at home.
*does not include snacks/beverages
Stay well and be safe.